Many businesses these days are coming to the realisation that internet offers the fastest and the cheapest method to reach out to their consumers. A business website serves as the first point of contact between the consumer and the service provider. Thus it should provide a deep and comprehensive information about the business and any other detail that the consumer might be interested in. The website functions as its own advertisement thus it is needless to say that the content provided on it must be unique, engaging and should be updated from time to time.
Website creation can be tedious and overwhelming, so here is a cheat sheet full of tips for you to refer to in-order to give your website the edge it needs and leap ahead of its competitors.
- Contact Information: Detailed contact information is the most important element of a business website and must be placed right at the top of the header where it is easy to find.
- Services Tab: Make sure you include a ‘service’ tab on the header that enlists all the services that your business provides. It’ll make it easy for you to showcase all your work in one place to any user who visits the page.
- Colour and Graphics: Your website recognition relies on the kind of color schemes and graphics you use on your website. It is observed that darker color schemes of green, blue and violet with lighter font color are easy on the eye and result in a higher web traffic and low bounce-rate.
- Neat Header Tabs: Make your header tab as clean and minimalist as possible. A business suffers a great deal when visitors are not able to find the information they need and leave the page. When you use short clear words to describe your content and keep the header tab uncluttered, a visitor will be more likely to find what he/she is looking for.
- Mobile-friendly: With regular internet usage shifting form larger screens to cell-phones, it is more likely now that a user might access your website from a mobile device. Keep your website optimised for mobile phones to not lose out on potential customers.
- Use Multimedia: People are more likely to engage in something that is artistically presented to them. Unique and interesting pictures, videos, infographics and charts work better at attracting the reader’s attention and will help gain a consumers trust and approval.
- Social Media Icons: Social Media platforms can help a great deal in outbound marketing. Having social media share icons on your webpage makes it easier for users to share particular pieces of content that they liked on their social media pages and appreciate them in public.
- CTA buttons: Neat and visible Call To Actions buttons are a must if you want a visitor to engage in some activity like making a purchase or subscribing to a newsletter or reading more on some topic. They majorly improve the conversion rate and are a quick-fix in giving your business a boost.
- Scrolling vs. Clicking: It is observed that people are more likely to scroll than click when they visit a website. It requires the least effort on their part and provides you the opportunity to present all major relevant content on the landing page itself instead of tucking it away on sub-pages.
- Short Loading Time: The average time that a website takes to load should not be more than 2 seconds. For high reaching traffic growth it should be even less (<1sec). Anything more than 3 seconds can lead to the loss of potential customers on your website.
Keeping in mind the above mentioned pointers while you build your business website can enhance the performance of your business website by attracting more traffic and making customers staying on your webpage longer.